The Convector Suite is an Open Source Suite for Enterprise Blockchain Networks. It is composed of a group of Development tools for Hyperledger Fabric and aims to be an agnostic toolset.
These are the general pre-requisites to run Convector and Hyperledger Fabric:
- Node 8.1x (if you have a higher version, use NVM)
- Docker Community Edition (CE)
- Are you using Ubuntu? Here's a step by step guide and if you face problems please check out this link first.
Convector Suite main components are:
- Convector CLI - the fastest and easiest way to build a new Convector Smart Contracts project. It is fully integrated with Hurley as well.
- Hurley - the easiest way to quickly set up your Hyperledger development environment. Instead of learning all the config files required and navigating tons of yaml files, just do
hurl newand focus on your smart contract.
Convector Smart Contracts
Hurley is the development environment toolset for blockchain projects. It supports Hyperledger Fabric and is being ported to support other chain technologies.
Since Convector Smart Contracts was architected to run on multiple platforms (blockchain frameworks, back-end, front-end) it is decoupled in such a way that it can even run in a front end for quick tests and getting familiar with it.
Try Convector Smart Contracts straight from your browser with this StackBlitz example to get familiar with its components and core concepts here.
Create a new Convector project
You can add Convector Packages directly to a project created from scratch but the easiest way is to bootstrap a new project with Convector CLI.
npm i -g @worldsibu/convector-cli conv new myproject -c mychaincode
We have two main paths to learn about Convector for the very first time.
- If you like to learn by doing, start with this practical tutorial.
- If you like to learn concepts, start with this guide.
- If you like video tutorials, start with this playlist on our Youtube Channel.
We have built a group of repos with examples of use cases for Convector and common patterns such as unit tests, identity, backend integration, and so on.
Hurley was built to be a lightweight tool that works seamlessly as your development environment. The best way to get started with Hurley is by checking its readme page.
By default, any project created with Convector CLI will bring Hurley wired up and ready to be used.
Are you looking for an option to Hyperledger Composer?
- Product Hunt profile.
- For recommendations, feature requests, or bugs go to our issues section.
- News on Convector, subscribe to our Newsletter
- Need support? Chat directly with our team, join our Discord
- Need Enterprise support? You can drop us a message here and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.